Sunday 22 May 2011

Chuck a chook at your chums and chow down

Saturday 7th May

A little bit of a later rise today, which may have had something to do with the alcohol imbibed the previous night, but I soon managed to quiet the associated drum solo taking place in my head by jumping in the hostels hot tub and having a shower; a pattern that I unfortunately had to repeat every morning while in byron bay. Once the hangover had been suitably subdued I headed to the beach with a few guys from the hostel, via woolworths to grab a hot chicken, some laughing cow and a breadstick, and had chicken and stuffing sandwiches overlooking the sea. After another day of sunbathing, because I can't allow myself to be less tanned than my friends when I get back to England, we all headed back to the hostel to chill out for a while before dinner. We all went to a club called cheeky monkey for dinner, as they were doing a $5 feed deal; Dinner and a free drink for $5, plus we won a load of free drinks by being the hostel that made the most noise. There was also a jenga set on every table, so we ended up playing while we drank, with surprising success. After dinner we all headed back to the hostel to play some drinking games in the rooms, the result of which was red wine all over the bedroom floor and even on my bed, which went very nicely with the sand it was already covered in. After the drinking games a few of us headed back to cheeky monkey for more drinks and a ridiculous amount of dancing. Afterwards we all headed back to the hostel and I ended up talking in reception with Florence till the small hours of the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment