Sunday 22 May 2011

Sun, spooks and scnaaps

Thursday 28th april

Surfing yesterday was great,despite still having a hangover at 3pm. The waves were pretty strong and I couldn'tget more than about 3 metres from the sand, not too mention the fact that I could only go about 15 minutes at a time before feeling too sick or too exausted and having to take a breather. After surfing I sped back to the hostel and then headed out to meet Gabby for our ghost tour extravaganza.
Gabby and I met at the harbour and made our way over to 'The Rocks', a super old area of Melbourne, to join the start of the tour. Our guide was hilarious, and not at all purposefully; He looked like a friendly baker in a black leather trenchcoat and the descriptions he gave of the 'gruesome' events that had transpired in the area had Gabby and me in stitches.
After the tour we went to a Bevarian themed restaurant, which was, if anything, more hilarious than the ghost tour guide. There was a 3 man band, all dressed in leiderhosen, playing such 'Bevarian' classics as YMCA and You Can Leave Your Hat On. We both ordered some sort of veal (I know i'm the devil) stroganoff-y kind of thing and I also had a cheeky little shot of peppermint shnaaps, as I've been wanting to try it ever since I saw Little Nicky years ago.
After dinner I headed back to the hostel and got myself a reasonably early night (1am) so that I could go surfing the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment