Sunday 22 May 2011

Much ado about no worries

Friday 29th April

Thursay morning rolled around and I managed to tear myself out of bed by 11am for my last round of fried eggs and avocado on toast, pretty much my staple diet for this trip. I did nothing until about 1pm then headed to Bondi, with a couple of my roommates, for my last surf in Sydney. The waves were ridiculous, with big sudden swells right where it was shallow so that, on more than one occasion, I got all excited when I started to catch a wave only to have my board nose dive into the sand sending me in much the same direction. In one of these optimistic tumbles I managed to fall off in front of my board, which was then hurled at me by the wave I was trying to catch and resulting in one of the fins taking a chunk out of my foot. So it was with bloody foot and toothy grin that I abandoned the surf for home, so that I could get dinner before going to see Much Ado About Nothing that night.
I arrived at Sydney Opera House in high spirits and with 10 minutes to spare, which is just as well as I didn't have a clue where to pick up my tickets from. After being directed the the box office, being told I was at the wrong box office (indeed entirely the wrong part of the opera house), I finally found a man willing to bestow my ticket upon me and headed into the 'Drama Studio'.
The show was well performed and, of course, Benedict was absolutely hilarious, however I felt that it was too comical an interpretation of the play. Despite it being a play with a large amount of comedy in it, there are also several scenes of more tragic nature which were not portrayed as well as they could have been. It was an enjoyable performance all the same, and definitely worth it for the experience of having seen a performance at the Sydney Opera House.
The next day I fell prey to the 9 hour time difference with England as I got up ridiculously early so that I could skype with my friend Katy. After that I had breakfast and packed my bags ready to leave Sydney for Newcastle. I am now on the train and awaiting arrival at the next stop on my adventure, fortunately it's only a two and a half hour journey and i'll be there in tiem for dinner, most likely followed by some heavy drinking, it is Friday afterall.

No comments:

Post a Comment