Sunday 22 May 2011

Inactivity breeds in a nest built of lethargy

Monday 9th May

I got up late again today, a definite pattern that has been emerging over this trip, and enjoyed a late breakfast before hopping on the coach to Surfers Paradise. There was a big old gang of us leaving for Surfers on the same bus; Florence and her friend Maeva, Daniel, who I met in Port macquarie, Henri, a French guy from the hostel in Newcastle and 3 girls from England who just called me 'Cambridge'. I managed to sway public opinion so that we all ended up heading to the same hostel as well, so we ended up descending on Backpackers in Paradise en masse. I met a great bunch of people in my room, there were two Canadian sisters, an English couple who had been in Byron Bay, John, who was my roommate in Byron bay but had left the day before me and an English girl called Emmy. We went to the beach for the day (what a surpirse) and then in evening played drinking games. Most of the group were going out into town on the hostels pub crawl, but I decided to stay at the hostel and have a recovery night, so Instead Florence and I watched a movie and grabbed a relatively early night.

No comments:

Post a Comment